Countrywide Healthcare are the UK leading specialist, non-food supplier to care homes, based in Yorkshire, supplying customers in all parts of the UK. The business has an unrivalled reputation for good prices and excellent service and has enjoyed fantastic sales growth with turnover growing from £12m to more than £30m in the last five years.
We are looking for an experienced IT Manager to manage the company’s IT infrastructure through the monitoring, maintenance, development, upgrade, and support of all IT systems. Overseeing equipment purchasing, installation, and computer networks and connectivity maintenance.
Our business is growing, fast paced and dynamic and we are looking for someone who wants to embrace that challenge and join us on this exciting journey.
- Ensure the integrity, control and effective operation of all computer systems, telecoms equipment, related applications, hardware and software that is used within the business.
- Leading on and delivering major IT projects including operational IT projects, system updates, upgrades, migrations & outages.
- Manage the company’s IT infrastructure through the monitoring, maintenance, development, upgrade, and support of all IT systems.
- Establishing current & future requirements and providing strategy and direction for IT system growth.
- Ensuring reported issues are resolved in a timely manner.
- Mentoring, developing and coaching of two IT assistants.
- Implementing/maintaining high levels of IT security.
- Disaster recovery planning with reviews & tests.
- Compliance and software licensing.
- Coordination and planning of all hardware and software purchases through internal and external resources.
- Implement and drive forward continuous improvements on service delivery by identifying improvements within platforms, infrastructure and support structures.
- Project management of ad hoc projects.
- Solid IT general management skills (organisational, operational and financial management).
- Coordinates IT support, training, and orientation for new technology users.
- Working knowledge of current IT trends and best practice IT Frameworks.
- A strong working knowledge and understanding of computer systems, applications and operating systems.
- Ability to think strategically and plan over time.
- Establishes relationships with technology vendors.
- Implements an IT budget for the organisation as a whole or for specific departments.
- Management experience to include training, development, appraisals, conduct management and motivation of staff.
- Experience in an IT Management role.
- Ability to articulate technical information to non-technical audiences.
- Excellent inter-personal and communication skills.
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft products is essential for this role. Particularly Excel, Access and SQL Server.
- Good working knowledge of Office 365 and its administrative features.
- Understanding of the various database models and how to cross reference data from different platforms.
- Good knowledge of programming code in VB and SQL.
- We currently use a system called OrderWise which is based around an SQL Server database. Knowledge of this system would be advantageous.
- Knowledge in IP telephony systems would also be a benefit.
The position comes with an attractive salary and company pension scheme.
To apply for this position please contact firstname.lastname@example.org and quote “IT Manager” in the email subject.
No agencies please.