Countrywide Healthcare are a leading supplier to care homes, based near Barnsley the company supplies customers in all parts of the UK. The business has an unrivalled reputation for excellent service and has enjoyed fantastic growth with turnover increasing more than £15m in the last five years. As part of this growth strategy we have recently purchased what was the “Sash” building in Grimethorpe which is now our new National Distribution Centre, and have a vacancy for an Assistant Warehouse Manager to join our growing team.
To provide administration support in the busy warehouse function, primarily in the capacity of receiving & issuing stock on the internal software system, and other required supporting activities to these duties.
The role also involves investigating queries relating to stock, raising supporting paperwork which is issued to internal departments, system information housekeeping & providing general administration & telephone support the warehouse management team.
- Booking in supplier deliveries onto internal system using supplier paperwork
- Raising paperwork for purchasing to highlight delivery queries/discrepancies
- Managing booking in queries with the goods receiving team and investigating any anomalies which arise
- Managing the despatch of delivery notes through the internal software system
- Issuing pick sheets for customer orders & distributing these to the warehouse team
- Managing queries which arise from stock discrepancies, physically checking warehouse locations & reporting findings to the relevant managers
- Answering the warehouse office phone, managing queries where possible & taking messages for the management team
- Supporting the warehouse manager/deputy managers with the planning of van deliveries routes using auto-route software
- Customer returns administration support
- Maintenance of system information in relation to warehouse stock locations
- General administration support
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office including Outlook, Word and Excel.
- You will have experience working within a team and in an administration support role and be trustworthy in dealing with confidential information.
- Computer literacy is a must and you will possess excellent organisational and communication skills.
- You will be comfortable in working in a busy high pace environment and have excellent inter-personal skills.
To apply for this position please contact Paul Butler – Warehouse Manager, firstname.lastname@example.org
No agencies please.