Countrywide Healthcare are the leading specialist non-food supplier to care homes. Based in Grimethorpe near Barnsley, the business has an unrivalled reputation and has enjoyed fantastic sales growth from £9.2m in 2014 to over £30m in our last financial year.
Working as the Warehouse Operative (Goods receiving/Order Picker/Packer/Dispatch Assistant) you will work as part of the Company’s Operations Team, which provide a highly effective and customer focused service.
The job involves performing order receipt, picking and packing duties in order to distribute products for both B2C and B2B orders, in addition to providing operational assistance to the Warehouse Manager to ensure the warehouse is effectively managed in line with Company procedures.
Previous experience of working within a warehouse environment that deals with high volume product line is desirable with a good knowledge of Health and Safety.
Must have excellent timekeeping and the ability to work under pressure as part of a team to timescales as directed by the Warehouse Manager. Accuracy and attention to detail is vital with a willingness to learn & be flexible in order to support the business needs.
Experience of working with computers an advantage.
- Picking and packing customer orders in a FIFO (first in/first out) basis
- Accepting and checking supplier deliveries which includes offloading & unpacking goods & reporting any shortages/damages incurred
- Locating supplier deliveries within stores & keeping stock locations up to date
- Conducting perpetual inventory checks
- Receiving & processing customer returns
- Liaising with the sales office team to ensure that relevant, and timely, information is provided relating to any issue with customer consignments
- Loading of customer orders onto vehicles/collating orders ready for collection by external carriers
- Maintaining high levels of Health and Safety standards
- General warehouse cleaning and tidying
To apply for this position please contact email@example.com and quote “Warehouse Operative” in the email subject.
No agencies please.