Countrywide Healthcare are the leading specialist non-food supplier to care homes. Based in Grimethorpe near Barnsley, the business has an unrivalled reputation and has enjoyed fantastic sales growth from £9.2m in 2014 to over £30m in our last financial year.
As our new Front End Web Developer, you will work in collaboration with our in-house back end developer and the rest of our experienced Online team to sketch, build and maintain responsive templates for our Magento 2 and Wordpress websites.
You will also assist in sketching and building landing pages and emails for our B2B and B2C marketing campaigns, ensuring that the landing page experience is optimised for clicks and conversions.
The role will also involve monitoring and analysing user intent and behaviour on our websites to improve the user experience. You will also take an active part in cross browser testing, ensuring the correct functionality and page speed optimisations are in place.
This fantastic opportunity would be perfect for a creative individual who wants to build on their skills and progress in front end development with a focus on ecommerce.
- Sketching and building mobile-first designs on the Magento 2 and Wordpress CMS platforms
- Enhancing the customer journey through customer-focused UX/UI designs
- Designing landing pages for our B2B and B2C marketing campaigns
- Keeping the Online team at the forefront of new web design trends
- Using Git for version control in collaboration with our back end developer
- Ensuring our websites are optimised for page speed, performance and accessibility
- Using cross-browser testing tools to discover compatibility issues and implementing fixes
- Understanding of Schema markup and structured data implementation
- Excellent knowledge of HTML4/5 and CSS for web development
- Experience with JavasScript/CSS frameworks such as Vue.js and Knockout.js
- Proficient with Adobe Photoshop and Adobe XD
- Experience in using Bootstrap 3/4 or similar frameworks
- Experience of Agile working and collaboration tools such as Jira
- Basic knowledge of Linux Server Administration (Nginx)
- Ability to produce clean and reusable code
- Self-motivated, organised and able to work as part of a team
To apply for this position please contact firstname.lastname@example.org and quote “Front End Developer” in the email subject.
No agencies please.